Monday, August 10, 2009

Lies, Lies, Lies!

A List of Lies I have told myself (or bought into recently):
1. I am a horrible person
2. I will never succeed at love
3. I am needy
4. I eat people alive
5. I ruin men
6. I don't know who I am
7. I don't know how to change myself
8. I need to change myself
9. I am afraid


A List of truths to counteract those lies:
1. I can behave horribly. And I do. And I will again. but I love you. and I'm learning.
2. I have already succeeded at love. and I will again. and I love you. and I'm learning.
3. I am needy. but I have taken care of myself. and I will again. and I love you. and I'm learning.
4. I am not responsible for people. If they allow themselves to be eaten, that is not my fault. and I will eat people again. and it will continue to suck. but I love you. and I am learning.
5. I do not ruin men. This doesn't mean I am always as humane as I should be. but I love you. and I am learning.
6. I am learning who I am. There are parts of me I know very well. I am very good at self perception. I am still a mystery. That makes me interesting. I know me now. and I will again. and I love you. but I am learning.
7. Change is crap. Acceptance is truth.
8. Change is crap. Acceptance is truth.
9. Fear holds no power unless it rules you. I am afraid. and I will be again. but I love me. and I am learning.

No comments: