Monday, February 15, 2010

The sweet silver song...

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm, is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain, though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, Walk on, with love in your heart, and you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
-Carousel

The storm is over. And guess what? I'm not walking alone.

Nan and Ian are dead. That storm is over. They are gone. Dad is not on my plate right now, and there doesn't seem to be anyone I need to take care of... how bizarre.

JDBman and I don't get to hang out anymore. His girlfriend put her foot down, very appropriately. I've been angry, annoyed, hurt, confused, and now I understand. I will miss him, but I both understand his need to listen to his girlfriend, and know that he is incapable of standing up for his life, if it means confrontation. As much as I wouldn't want him to make another choice, I know that the fact that he didn't even discuss it with her, means, yet again, that he is certainly not a man I would invest romance in. But I will miss my friend.

Pam moved. I miss her. A lot. More than I know. But life is a lot less stressful now.

I thought if these two friendships ended, I would have no one but family, but I was so very wrong.

I'm a happy and overworked camper.

PS. Baby Wigand is on her way. I can't wait to know her and her name.

No comments: