Am I justified in rejoining the blogging world after an absence of roughly 9 months? Even if I'm not justified, I'm going to do it.
I promise I wasn't gone for 9 months for the normal reasons that people are gone from things for 9 months. It just worked out that way. By this I mean that I don't have a child, nor am I pregnant.
Here's the updates for those of you don't know (but let's face the fact that you probably all do):
1. I am still with Ananth. I'll probably get in trouble if he ever finds out I put his real name on my blog.
2. I have a new job. And oh heaven how fantastic it is to make so much more money. Not that money is my sole source of motivation, but I do love not stressing about funds.Oh I also love this job.
3. My father and mother are both alive and well. Dad is skinny and can't really walk anymore, but Mom is still doing great and living her life as though cancer were just an accessory she puts on in the morning to make her more heroic and unique.
4. I found out that I hate living alone. So I'm moving back in with Lillian in June. Cause we're just that baller.
5. I am not nearly as practiced at introspection as I once was.
I rode a ferry boat today. While this fact is true and lovely, I only wrote it because I can't think of anything else to say. Last night I decided I needed to start writing again. I haven't written any secret letters, real letters, journal entries, or notes to self in the same 9 months that I haven't written a blog. I took a big old fancy writing and introspection hiatus. I am so ridiculously out of practice that last night I wrote 1 paragraph.. and it was pretty much about how I didn't know what to write about but felt the need to put pencil to paper.
I gave up desserts for Lent. But all I really want to do tonight is take a walk with my boyfriend and go get some fro-yo. I guess I'll have to live with not doing that. Maybe we can walk and get some Mexican instead.
Now that I don't work there anymore, I am amazed at just how much I hated my last job. There were things I sincerely loved. Like my employees and my students and their families and the majority of my coworkers. And that's a lot of good reasons to stay. But since they kicked me out, I feel like it's now okay to say that that job sucked out my soul. But it left me with the skills to do my new job which is so creepily happy and wonderful that I seriously keep asking my new coworkers to tell me things that are bad about the company just so I know that this magical world of fairyland creatures that give me everything I could possibly wish for and then even more is actually real. Getting this job after working at my last job is like living your whole life as a Muggle and then falling in love with and marrying Harry Potter.
And just now, I've distracted myself with lots of interesting news articles regarding things like the new Hunger Games movie trilogy and the Kony2012 scandal and the 2012 Troll Stroll... so now I'm going to go read other peoples more interesting words.
Here's hoping another installment will follow in the days to come.